Diaspora API Dev Progress Report 8

While I’m on the road I’ve been hoping to get some more work in on the API.  Yesterday was a bust, and I knew it would be.  Today looked like it was going to be a bust but I actually was able to get some time in tonight due to some plans that were cancelled last minute.  As I sat down to start working I realized that I hadn’t been quite as prepared to develop on the road as possible.  Before leaving I made sure my development laptop Ruby VM was fully configured, could compile the main code and the Kotlin test harness.  I was all good to go!  Except, I forgot to push my work up to the GitHub and Gitlab.  Oops.  Well, that derailed continuing work on the Posts API Endpoint, but with plenty more endpoints to go I started up on the Conversations endpoint, the next most filled in one to start from.

I did make a good amount of progress of fleshing out the unit tests and making some code changes to make the requests and returns on the Create method to correspond to the specification.  It was at that point I realized I didn’t quite test my setup even further.  I didn’t have a registered application in my OpenID setup on this dev instance.  I also didn’t have the configurations I used when I set it up on my main development machine either.  After some fumbling around I did manage to get it registered so I could then start testing the external test harness against the endpoint.  After some final code tweaks I got that up and running and now have the test harness generating new conversations between two users!  On to the rest of the conversations API tomorrow!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *