Diaspora API Dev Progress Report 6

Today I didn’t get as much progress as I had hoped on the API but still important work was done.   Yesterday I discovered that something was probably off in the way that the repository rebasing was done when I did it about a week ago.  Today I confirmed it.  Working with Benjamin Neff (SuperTux) I was able to figure out a path forward for correcting the problem.  While the git commands are pretty straight forward, me being comfortable that I’ve done it correctly is another matter so I did the process three times in a row. Each time I looked at the corresponding git log afterward and did a three way diff of the API branch head before the new rebase, the API branch head after the rebase, and the main Diaspora develop branch.  I may end up doing it a fourth time (or reconfirm this last time anyway) before doing a final push after talking with Frank about it.

After getting past that I spent the other half of the time making actual progress on development.  Thanks to Dennis Schubert’s (DensChub) efforts we were able to make some progress on some API questions I had.  After that I made changes to the respective implementations to make it consistent.  Then I went back to the Posts Endpoint testing.  I completed the full GET path happy path testing for simple and fully filled in posts (text, photos, polls, mentions, and location).  I now have to add in failure path testing on the GET, and the corresponding test harness methods to complete that and move on to posting and deleting Posts.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *